If there’s one thing that the world loves to do, it’s tell plus size women and femmes what they can or cannot do with their bodies. The fashion industry is incredibly fatphobic. With the typical clothing company not creating clothing above a US size 16, they leave plus size folks with few options, yet still strongly want to police that which is left for them.
Tell the critics to shove it!
These bold plus size babes show us exactly how to rock these trendy Spring florals fearlessly and with incredible style. Take a page out of their book and grab a few floral pieces for this season!
Here are 16 Plus Size Instagrammers Rocking Bold Spring Florals:
1. Sheena of I Am She Global shows us how to do floral on floral with incredible second-hand pieces proving that #moreismore!
2. California babe Simone Mariposa’s bright floral look is everything you could want in a sexy body con dress. These colors are absolutely to die for!
3. Singer Elle King absolutely slays in a floral gown and crown on the red carpet at the Grammys.
4. European blogger Saskia of The Curvy Chapter shows us a gorgeous floral look.
5. Model and musician Hayley Herms channels a playful 90’s grunge look with this floral dress and fun pigtails.
6. Aarti Olivia of Curves Become Her shows off a gorgeous floral jumpsuit from her 2016 Best Of’s. Still totally fresh right now, especially with the yellow and orange!
7. Canadian curvy boutique Le Palais du Chic shows off a bold navy floral with white leggings. Super wearable and easy to recreate!
8. Eclectic Curves and Style Plus Curves are twinning with this super eclectic floral piece!
9. Los Angeles-based Coco Marie of Coco’s Curvy Closet looks positively stunning in this floral maxi.
10. Perkiez dances at the beach in a gorgeous, breezy floral dress and floppy hat perfect for protecting against the sun and looking darn cute!
11. Remi Cruz is making us beg for warmer weather with that crocheted halter and those adorable floral shorts!
12. Chubby Kush’s Coco Madrid’s red floral with a black biker jacket is the stuff dreams are made of… until you check out her IG and see what’s underneath and realize that’s the stuff that other kinds of dreams are made of. Yowza!
13. Court Lyons boldy shows off her gorgeous curves with this sheer kimono and long necklace. You can take this look and make it more street-safe with a cute lacy bralette!
14. Portland-based model Ashleigh Elizabeth looks amazing in this floral romper.
15. Amanda Montgomery is the queen of sweetly feminine florals. They look amazing on her and go perfectly with her retro-chic style! We love the large-scale pattern of this print that makes it stand out.
16. BONUS BABES! Bay area activists Vanessa Lewis, Kitty Stryker, and Virgie Tovar look amazing in their mix of florals.
The lesson here? Don’t let anyone tell you that plus size women can’t wear certain trends. Fashion rules are made to be broken, and each one of these babely badasses shows exactly that!